Cochleae vases collection is inspired by the life cycle of the snails and captures their growth when the invertebrate's body (represented by the curved glass) develops upwards from the embracing shell symbolized by semicircular components handcrafted from fragments of natural Italian rocks, recovered and reprocessed following a sustainable production cycle. The surface of the handcrafted stone piece is treated with an ecological substance developed by COKI. The glass and stone components are not glued and can be separate, disassembled, and ready for new uses.
Sviluppo (Development) represents the second phase of snail's life cycle, in which the snail's body (represented by the curved glass) rises, embracing the calcarenite shell, developed upwards.
• Handcrafed stone made with Italian natural stones fragments.
• Mineral and vegetal pigments
• Orange painted borosilicate glass
• Orange stone, orange glass
• Dimensions (in): W 9,4 x D 3,2 x H 11,8
• Dimensions (cm): W 24 x D 8 x H 30
• Handcrafed stone: Northern Italy
• Borosilicate hand-painted glass: Northern Italy
• Like every Coki vase, this piece is made up of separate components that can be assembled to create the figure shape.
There are no permanent connections between different material elements.
GLASS CLEANING AND CARE
• Hand wash only
• Pay much attention during the movements to join the components, too abrupt maneuvers can mark the glaze of the glass.
• Clean the bottom inside of the vase simply filling it with wine vinegar and letting it sit for a whole day. Then pour the vinegar into a closed glass or plastic bottle and save it for the next use (do not throw the vinegar in the toilet or sink, it damages aquatic organisms). Rinse the jar with water and dry with a soft cloth.
STONE CLEANING AND CARE
• Do not wash, do not wet
• Clean the surface with vacuum cleaner only
Cleaning brush and ecological handling gloves included
✔ VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTION