Cochleae vases collection is inspired by the life cycle of the snails and captures their growth when the invertebrate's body (represented by the curved glass) develops upwards from the embracing shell symbolized by semicircular shells handcrafted from fragments of historical stones only found in Matera (Città dei Sassi, UNESCO World Heritage, European Capital of Culture), recovered and reprocessed following a sustainable production cycle. The surface of the handcrafted stone piece is treated with an ecological substance developed by COKI. The glass and stone components are not glued and can be separate, disassembled, and ready for new uses.
Metamorfosi - 1 symbolizes the snail's body (represented by the curved glass) that finally rises free towards the sky, supporting itself thanks to its shell (the stone components), divided into two parts.
• Handcrafed stone made with Matera stone fragments, sedimentary rocks of the Italian Apennines and pure water.
• Pink painted borosilicate glass
• Pink stone, pink glass
• Dimensions (in): W 7,3 x D 5,9 x H 9,45
• Dimensions (cm): W 18,5 x D 15,0 x H 24,0
• Handcrafted stone: South Italy
• Borosilicate hand-painted glass: Northern Italy
• The vase is made up of 3 separate pieces, you'll create the shape putting them together.
CLEANING AND CARE
• Hand wash only
• Pay much attention during the movements to join the components, too abrupt maneuvers can mark the glaze of the glass.
• Clean the bottom inside of the vase simply filling it with wine vinegar and letting it sit for a whole day. Then pour the vinegar into a closed glass or plastic bottle and save it for the next use (do not throw the vinegar in the toilet or sink, it damages aquatic organisms). Rinse the jar with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Cleaning brush and ecological handling gloves included
✔ VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTION