The 2023 vase collection is inspired by the life cycle of Lepidoptera, from the chrysalis (Chrysallis) to the butterfly (Papilio).
The Chrysallis n°1 vase represents the phase in which the external casing of the chrysalis is formed and is composed of 2 parts in sustainable stone and a part in glass painted and worked with a particular technique that makes it appear as if it is fractured, simulating a shape in the making. This handmade indent may differ slightly from how it appears in the photograph.
This vase comprises three elements that can be disassembled and reused since they are only placed side by side through a particular shape that avoids permanent connections.
The stone is entirely handmade, created using fragments of sedimentary rock from the Apennines, combined with mineral pigments, without extracting new material and electricity. The surface is carved by hand; each piece is unique and may differ from the product photography.
It is advisable not to wet the stone and to dust it using a vacuum cleaner.
• Handcrafted stone made with sedimentary rocks of the Italian Apennines and pure water
• Mineral and vegetal pigments
• Green painted borosilicate glass
• Green painted stone and green painted glass
• (in): W 5,51 x D 2,95 x H 11,02
• (cm): W 14,0 x D 7,5 x H 28,0
• Sedimentary rocks of the Italian Apennines: South Italy
• Borosilicate hand-painted glass: Northern Italy
• The vase is made up of 3 separate pieces, you'll create the shape putting them together
CLEANING AND CARE
• It is advisable not to wet the stone and to dust it using a vacuum cleaner.
• Pay much attention during the movements to join the components, too abrupt maneuvers can mark the glaze of the glass.
• Clean the bottom inside of the glass vase simply filling it with wine vinegar and letting it sit for a whole day. Then pour the vinegar into a closed glass or plastic bottle and save it for the next use (do not throw the vinegar in the toilet or sink, it damages aquatic organisms). Rinse the jar with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Cleaning brush and ecological handling gloves included
✔ VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTION