Cochleae vases collection is inspired by the life cycle of the snails and captures their growth when the invertebrate's body (represented by the curved glass) develops upwards from the embracing shell symbolized by semicircular shells handcrafted from fragments of historical stones only found in Matera (Città dei Sassi, UNESCO World Heritage, European Capital of Culture), recovered and reprocessed following a sustainable production cycle. The surface of the handcrafted stone piece is treated with an ecological substance developed by COKI. The glass and stone components are not glued and can be separate, disassembled, and ready for new uses.
Risveglio (Awakening) represents the first phase of snail's life cycle, in which the invertebrate body (the curved glass) rises free towards the sky, embraced on the sides by the calcarenite shell.
COCHLEA DEL RISVEGLIO with GLACIAZIONE PHENOMENON.
Much of Coki's research is carried out to make known and touch natural materials in their raw state. This time, together with the materials you will also discover how a meteorological phenomenon is represented, that of snow and thaw.
The natural stone is cleaned, treated, and dried, then combined with the Italian rock salt crystals thanks to a completely non-toxic and vegetable preparation, studied and tested since 2019 and called GLACIAZIONE, due to its appearance the final.
The two materials become practically inseparable and very solid.
Each texture is unique because created by the same efflorescence of the material, without the interaction of the craftsman in the process.
The GLACIAZIONE production cycle does not include waste but rather derives from the treatment of mineral parts otherwise not used.
• Handcrafed stone made with Matera stone fragments, sedimentary rocks of the Italian Apennines and pure water
• Black mineral
• Italian rock salt
• Clear borosilicate glass
• Black stone, Clear crystals, Clear glass
• Dimensions (in): W 9,1 x D 5,5 x H 11,8
• Dimensions (cm): W 23 x D 14 x H 30
• Handcrafted stone: South Italy
• Rock salt crystals: South Italy
• Borosilicate hand-painted glass: Northern Italy
• The vase is made up of 3 separate pieces, you'll create the shape putting them together.
CLEANING AND CARE
• THIS OBJECT IS CREATED WITH A COMPLETELY NATURAL BIOMATERIAL. FEAR THE HUMIDITY
• Do not wash the stone
• Be aware of humidity and water: place the vase only in rooms free from humidity. The stone part is composed of a biomaterial that fears humidity because it is created with natural substances and a natural and reversible (therefore sustainable) chemical reaction based on water.
• Pay much attention during the movements to join the components, too abrupt maneuvers can mark the glaze of the glass.
• Clean the bottom inside of the vase simply filling it with wine vinegar and letting it sit for a whole day. Then pour the vinegar into a closed glass or plastic bottle and save it for the next use (do not throw the vinegar in the toilet or sink, it damages aquatic organisms). Rinse the jar with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Cleaning brush and ecological handling gloves included
✔ VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTION