Inspired by the life stages of snails, the vases of the Cochleae collection are divided into: Risveglio, Sviluppo and Liberazione.
Risveglio (Awakening) represents the first phase, in which the invertebrate body (the curved glass) rises free towards the sky, embraced on the sides by the calcarenite shell.
The production follows a sustainable cycle of reuse of scraps from the processing of prehistoric Matera stone, the surface of which is treated with an ecological substance developed by the COKI studio. This vase is made up of three parts and you will be able to assemble them yourself.
COCHLEA DEL RISVEGLIO with GLACIAZIONE PHENOMENON.
Much of Coki's research is carried out to make known and touch natural materials in their raw state. This time, together with the materials you will also discover how a meteorological phenomenon is represented, that of snow and thaw.
The natural stone is cleaned, treated, and dried, then combined with the Italian rock salt crystals thanks to a completely non-toxic and vegetable preparation, studied and tested since 2019 and called GLACIAZIONE, due to its appearance the final.
The two materials become practically inseparable and very solid.
Each texture is unique because created by the same efflorescence of the material, without the interaction of the craftsman in the process.
The GLACIAZIONE production cycle does not include waste but rather derives from the treatment of mineral parts otherwise not used.
• Italian prehistoric stone & Italian rock salt crystals
• clear borosilicate glass
• black stone
• clear glass
• Dimensions (in): W 9,1 x D 5,5 x H 11,8
• Dimensions (cm): W 23 x D 14 x H 30
• Historical stone of Matera: South Italy
• Borosilicate hand-painted glass: Northern Italy
• The vase is made up of 3 separate pieces, you'll create the shape yourself, putting them together.
CLEANING AND CARE
• Hand wash only
• Pay much attention during the movements to join the components, too abrupt maneuvers can mark the glaze of the glass.
• Clean the bottom inside of the vase simply filling it with wine vinegar and letting it sit for a whole day. Then pour the vinegar into a closed glass or plastic bottle and save it for the next use (do not throw the vinegar in the toilet or sink, it damages aquatic organisms). Rinse the jar with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Cleaning brush and ecological handling gloves included
✔ VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTION